Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  S2P BlogS2P Blog  
Reduced & Clearanced Products have been Slashed! Go and grab a bargain
If you are after anything special, please let us know and we can do our best to source it for you!!! (Any items Pre-ordered/Special ordered, will be exempt from Sales and/or Deals.)
S2P ONLINE STORE
scrapping2perfectionbanner.gif picture by Mandad6_boys
Latest topics
» Daily Chit Chat
Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 pm by belbaker

» What Books are you reading at the moment?
Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 pm by Eileen305

» Have you been to the movies or hired a good movie?
Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm by Eileen305

» Is it PINK or BLUE?
Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 am by Eileen305

» My new scrap space
Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:44 am by Eileen305

Gallery
Stampin Techniques Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
RLOW - 8/4/12
Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:15 pm by Mandad
Just going through the gallery and came across this one and loved it!!!

Stampin Techniques Pictur46

Comments: 2
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 131 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:12 pm
S2P Kits
Don't forget about the Sale that is happening over at our Online Store. Pop over and grab a bargain!
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Scrapping 2 Perfection on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Aussie Scrapbooking Top100

PurpleScraps Topsites - Australia's BEST Scrap Sites

ScrapLounge :: Top Sites

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Stampin Techniques

Go down 
+4
Sarah Lou
SkrapPrincess
ChloeN
Mandad
8 posters

Do you use many stamps??
Yes
Stampin Techniques I_vote_lcap58%Stampin Techniques I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
No
Stampin Techniques I_vote_lcap0%Stampin Techniques I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not as often as I would like
Stampin Techniques I_vote_lcap42%Stampin Techniques I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello there ladies, just thought that i would put this up for you all to have a read, I found it interesting. I know that i have a lot of stamps, and probably don't use them to their full potential.

The type of ink used depends on the look you want to achieve and on what material you want to stamp. Here are the most common types of inks:
    Stampin Techniques Inkpads
  • Dye - fast drying ink that resists smudging and is permanent once stamped onto paper. Perfect for most stamping projects and available in thousands of colors. Dye based inks may fade with time, making them less attractive for scrapbook enthusiasts. One also might experience some bleed with papers that are very absorbent.
  • Pigment - slow drying ink that is permanent, fade-resistant, and easy to smudge. Colors tend to be more vibrant, and ink is a bit thicker than dye-based inks.
  • Chalk Finish - ink dries to a subtle, chalky finish, even on dark surfaces. These may be purchased in dye or pigment ink.
  • Versamark - this is watermark ink that leaves a subtle tone on tone image. Slow drying ink also makes it perfect for embossing.
  • Staz On - A solvent based ink means that dries by evaporation, not absorption like water-based dye inks. This makes it perfect for smooth surfaces, such as glass, metal and photographs. Stamps should be cleaned immediately with a solvent cleaner when using this ink.

Besides ink pads, other products you might like to have on hand include embossing powders, a brayer, sponge daubers, embossing enamel, and pearl powers. Then, of course, you need to have the stamps!
Stampin Techniques Stamps_001There are probably as many rubber stamps available as there are stars in the sky. They are available mounted and unmounted, on transparent or opaque rubber, and there is a image for every possible occasion. They are extremely versatile, the same image can take on so many different looks. If you are just getting started in the world of stamping, start with alphabets and basic shapes like stars, flowers, snowflakes and leaves. Basic images can be used many times in your albums, in different ways, without looking repetitive. Try these ideas for making yours stamps more versatile:

• Change the stamped ink color, or the medium used to accent the image. Try watercolor pencils, markers, chalks, glitter, acrylic paints, or pearl powders.
  • Use just a portion of a stamp, as opposed to the entire image.
  • Change the paper or surface, such as patterned paper, fabric, Mica, vellum, or textured cardstock.
  • Add mixed media, such as brads, eyelets, fiber, ribbon, tags and buttons.

A rubber stamp enthusiastic will tell you there is no end to the techniques one can learn with inks and stamps. To get started, try these basic techniques:
Direct to Paper - Images and inks are pressed to paper, either directly onto your layout, or onto paper and mounted to your page. Ink your stamp well. For larger stamps, it is often easier to bring lay the stamp image side up, and bring the ink to the stamp, tapping the pad onto the image. Press the image onto the paper, pressing firmly with your palm and being careful not to rock or twist the stamp. Pick the stamp straight up off the paper. Allow image to dry. Color the image if desired.
Stampin Techniques ShadowHeat Embossing - This technique gives a raised impression to your stamped image. Stamp your image onto your paper with pigment, watermark, or embossing ink. Place your image over a sheet of plain copy paper or a tray. Pour embossing powder onto your entire stamped image. Pick up the image and tap it against the lain paper to remove excess embossing powder. The copy paper can then be used as a funnel to return power to its jar. The image then needs to be heated, with the use of an embossing gun. Slowly move the heat gun over the image until your image begins to ¿a1§pop¿a1¨ off the page. Be careful not to overheat, as you might scorch the paper.
Shadow Stamping - This technique is done in two steps: stamping the shadow stamp in a light color, then stamping your image in a darker ink over that shadow. Shadow stamps are typically a solid rubber shape, such as squares and circles, many with unique edges.
Resist - With this technique, the image will remain the only area of your paper not colored by ink. Stamp your image onto glossy paper using a resist or watermark ink pad. Ink a brayer and roll the brayer across the paper and image.

Masking - Masking is done when one wants to bring an image to the forefront of a scene. To create a mask, stamp your forefront image onto a post-it pad and trim the image. You will need to cut just inside the edge of the image for best results. To use the mask, stamp your image onto your cardstock or paper. Place the mask over your image when it dries. Stamp your background layer(s) and allow to dry. Remove the mask to reveal your layered art.
Stampin Techniques Mask_example

With these products and techniques, you can create unique and beautiful scrapbook layouts. You'll soon realize that inks and stamps are a versatile, artistic way to preserve your memories! Happy Stamping!

Hopefully these will give you some tips for using our stamps more often!!!

Happy Scrappin!!
Back to top Go down
Mandad
Admin
Mandad

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:05 pm

The two things I have such a hard time with is heat embossing and masks, i don't know i just can't seem to get it right
Back to top Go down
https://scrapping2perfection.forumotion.net

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:07 pm

he he he !!! i love to emboss, but i don't do it enough and i have never tried masking so maybe that can be something for me to trial myself lol
Back to top Go down
Mandad
Admin
Mandad

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:12 pm

everytime i emboss it just doesn't work out how it should, so i have given up on that...with masking i'm slowly getting to be able to master that technique
Back to top Go down
ChloeN
S2P AHOLIC
ChloeN

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:18 pm

I have never embossed!!! Stampin Techniques Icon_eek Don't think I have enough patience!!! Stampin Techniques Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 pm

hehehe it is not that hard really!!! but looks very effective!!!
Back to top Go down
ChloeN
S2P AHOLIC
ChloeN

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:21 pm

It sure does, I love the look!
Back to top Go down
Mandad
Admin
Mandad

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm

yeah i love the look but when ever i try to do it all i end up with is a mess
Back to top Go down
SkrapPrincess
S2P AHOLIC
SkrapPrincess

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:52 pm

So many possibilities, can't wait to try more.

One thing I don't lack is stamps . . . . Stampin Techniques Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
http://skrapprincess.blogspot.com/

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm

me either megan!!!! i love stamps!!!! but like i said b4 don't use them to their potential
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lou
Chatterbox
Sarah Lou

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Ive been laying fun foam under when Im stamping - was doubtful at first but it really has helped teh stamped image.
The only thing about embossing here is my hand gets hot over the toaster!Lol
Back to top Go down
http://sweettreatsofsarahlou.blogspot.com/
Tassiemum_3
S2P AHOLIC
Tassiemum_3

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Have a face mask that doesn't work either Stampin Techniques Lol
Back to top Go down
littlemissd
S2P AHOLIC
littlemissd

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 am

I love stamping - embossing was what got me hooked! But I too don't use them to their potential. Never masked before either! Heat gun was a part of my xmas present very useful!

Sarah Lou to save your hands go to a kitchen shop and buy yourself a cheap pair of mini metal tongs to hold the paper - they will keep your fingers away from the toaster - you should be able to get them for under $5.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
S2P AHOLIC
Michelle

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks for the info Amanda Very Happy

I have a stamps but don't use them that much as I can never seem to get them to look right
Back to top Go down
http://michelle-just-me.blogspot.com/
natasha
S2P AHOLIC
natasha

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 am

**VickiP** wrote:
yeah i love the look but when ever i try to do it all i end up with is a mess

Vicki have you tried lightly dusting the paper with corn flour (or even brush on with a paint brush) it helps stop the powder sticking everywhere you dont want it, i also have a paintbrush just for my embossing so if i get stray powder i can brush it straight off. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://tassiegirl-natasha.blogspot.com/
littlemissd
S2P AHOLIC
littlemissd

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 pm

another way to avoid a mess and this comes from my stamp teacher is if you want a colour then stamp the colour and emboss with clear embossing powder that way even if there is a little bit of powder out of place it doesn't stand out! She tends to do this for all but metallics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stampin Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stampin Techniques   Stampin Techniques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stampin Techniques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: S2P 'SCRAPPING CHAT' :: Scrapping Tips & Techniques-
Jump to: